December 13, 2011

About me



Hai! I'm Nikki, the creator of this lovely blog. I live in Portland, OR with my boyfriend (Andrew), kitty (Gary), and lizard (Slurp). I'm a full-time student majoring in Computer Information Systems and have a part-time job in retail (yay -_-).

 I've always loved to cook and learn new recipes. My mom was super good at it, and I guess the family trait just rubbed off on me. Cooking is pretty much something I know that I'll love doing forever. To be honest, I have no idea how my food turns out to be so delicious, because our smoke detector goes off at least 3 times a month due to kitchen-related adventures.. but, I guess that's just where my natural talent and/or awesomeness kicks in.

As for craftting, unlike most crafters, I actually haven't always been an artsy-kinda person. I've always appreciated unique and handmade things, but I never really thought I'd be good at it myself. I think my interest and passion to attempt at handmaking things began when I went to a local crafting market here in Downtown Portland. After I saw that you could create more functional and purposeful things than depressing paintings and other dumb things to hang on your wall, I got a sudden urge to make things of my own.

Anyway, I made this cooking blog to share my recipes with however many people decide to try them, to learn from others, and to have an easy way for myself to look back on all of the things I've made. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing it for you!

Nikki