December 23, 2011

Recipe: Hard-Boiled Eggs

Yep, this is going to be an overly-simple, most likely unnecessary recipe for hard-boiling eggs. I realize they're something almost everyone knows how to make, but they're so simple that I seem to forget how to make them every time I need to make my lizard's favorite food (I'm such a bad parent) or as breakfast snacks for my boyfriend (I'm such a bad girlfriend).


RECIPE:

1. Cover however many eggs you're wanting to make in an appropriately sized pot, and fill it with water until they're covered completely.

2. Remove the eggs from the water, and set them aside. Don't let them roll off the counter and crack!

3. Over high heat, boil the water on until it's bubbling.

4. With a spoon or ladle, slowly ease the eggs one-by-one into the boiling water.

5. Reduce heat, and cover the pot to let the eggs simmer for about 10-15 minutes. (Note: Brown shelled eggs have thicker shells than white shelled eggs. This makes them harder to boil, but also more ideal for boiling because they are more crack-resistant.)

6. Cool them in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, crack, peel, and feed them to your lizard! ..or yourself, but I think they're kinda gross. :(